Coronavirus Outbreak Update
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 -- There is a lot of information available about COVID-19, the coronavirus outbreak that began in Wuhan, China late last December. This information is constantly changing and sometimes difficult to follow.
Hometown Health Centers wants you to know we are open for business to care for you and your family and make sure you stay healthy.
Most importantly, we are encouraging patients to follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to prevent the spread of illness, which include:
• Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
• Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular
• household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Staying home when you are sick; in many cases, you won’t need to visit an emergency room, urgent care center, or your doctor.
We are also here to support you should you feel unwell. If you or a family member develops flu-like symptoms (i.e. fever, cough, respiratory illness), call the health center at (518) 370-1441 before coming in. We will schedule an appointment with you.
If you’d like to know more information about COVID-19, please consult these additional resources:
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Travel: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Frequently Asked Questions
- Prevention, Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Additionally, New York state has established a Novel Coronavirus Hotline, which can provide additional information. Call 1-(888) 364-3065 with questions or concerns about symptoms and travel.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us. We’re always ready to help.
Joe Gambino, CEO
Hometown Health Centers